The holiday occasion, biscuits / cookies are also an indispensable foods. If you are a cooking lover and want to make these cakes, the article below will guide you through the basic note, from preparation to finished product of professional biscuits.
1. The differences between cookie cake and biscuit:
- Small shaped, flat, thin and porous.
- Main ingredients: flour, eggs, sugar, butter and oil.
- Subcomponents: added ingredients as grapes, oats, nuts or chocolate chips (this is county additives which is small, sweet, colorful …).
- Cookies do not use baking powder when baking they will be dry again.
- Cookies are served with milk or tea or coffee.
- Also known as crack cookies which have crackers and brittle hardness.
- Main Ingredients: same as cookie with less sugar and baking powder or baking soda added. Therefore in the baking process, cakes will bloom up more.
In the UK and Europe, biscuits are enjoyed with tea for softer, served with cheese after a meal, or with honey, butter, gravy or jam during breakfast.
2. Principles to mix flour
This is a general rule when making dough for beginners. So if you are experienced or professional baker, you can skip this step.
Before you get to squeeze dough for shaping and put in the oven, you need to mix and knead the dough thoroughly, then form what shapes of cookie you want before baking. Therefore, make sure the following items are always available before you get to work:
- Whisk machine (or rod whisk by hand)
- Mixing bowl ( this kind is often half the size of a watermelon)
- Shaping tools: Cookie Press is a new solution which is more convenient and popular for cake-making enthusiasts. Gun hand Machine pressed powder flowing through the hole to shape the cake mold. If you just need the simple cakes, you can also use cutting pattern with many various shapes. However this type cannot shape 3D imaging as cookie press machine, and must have roll dough evenly before cutting. If you do not like complicated design, you can also crush dough up to create a simple pie cake.
b) Raw materials
- Sift flour finely, put routed egg into the sifted flour, then mix the compound by machine or hand tools to create flour-egg mixture.
- Keep butter at room temperature in order to be soft and easy to blend. You should prepare this ingredient when beggining first step because it needs much time to be soft.
- Pour mixtures of butter-sugar and flour-egg together to form a glutinous compound.
- You can add other ingredients into dough to add flavor to cakes such as honey, almonds, fruit jam, chocolate or vanila …
- After you’ve finished making your dough, you need to shape cakes and then bake them in the oven between 10′- 20 ‘, depending on types of cake. Oven temperature is typically 160-180 degrees C.
3. Some notes to keep in mind when using the Cookie Press:
– Soft dough will be esier to shape more because it is made evenly and more sharply. Absolutely do not add big chips into the dough because it can stuck in the shot hole of cake.
– In the process of shaping cakes, you have to clean regularly patterns to make nice pie shapes and not stick on tool.
– To put dough into tubes evenly, no air bubbles it should be wrapped in food wrap according to tube form by size, then keep in the refrigerator.
Members dough with plastic film food in the refrigerator to put into tube shape for easier cookies.
Rolling dough with plastic food wrap and putting in the refrigerator will help you to shape cookies more easily.